Vehicle Planning Scheduling ExpertLocation: Gaydon, Midlands
KCIG is a forward thinking, highly motivated company that actively works hand in hand with some of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers and suppliers. With offices in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are dedicated to providing the uppermost level of quality standards and service within a highly competitive industry. We support our clients in relevant areas in Product Development: in Project Management, Engineering, Business and in Data Management.
- Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for initiating planning within projects at the start, ensuring the adoption of schedule management and organising adequate resource to support the project throughout
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with project and portfolio leadership ensuring effective leverage of the operating model and the high quality insights available
- Responsible for capacity-managing, supporting and continually developing the team
- Schedulers, maintaining a well-regarded service to Project Teams
- Responsible for supporting portfolio leadership with pan-portfolio insight and analysis
- Responsible for continuous improvement of schedule management processes and planning software both within and across the planning teams
- Accountable for schedule data quality adherence, plan credibility and governance date alignment within all of the portfolio's project
- Accountable for the correct configuration and setup of planning software to support the portfoli's projects, in-line with agreed software quality standards
- Accountable for the quality of plan reporting and data insight provided to the projects Key Performance Indicators
- Credible, baseline schedules in place on all relevant projects using Primavera P6 software
- All in-flight projects utilising agreed schedule management operating model and adhering to operating principles
- Planning Team capacity and capability managed well, with project support risks mitigated in advance
- Strong relationships formed with business leadership on the basis of high quality insight and guidance related to planning
The ideal Candidate
- Expert project planning / schedule management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills able to negotiate and embed the use of schedule management within a portfolio of programmes previously unfamiliar with this approach
- Experience and strong understanding of common software engineering development methods and combining with hardware /mechanical development
- Experience of coaching and developing others in the adoption of schedule management
- Extensive experience in associated Primavera P6 software
- Understanding of common scheduling software (e.g. Primavera P6, MS Project etc.) and MS office software (Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Personally focused international career development opportunities.
- Direct experience working on projects for some of the world’s largest automotive and industry leaders.
- Access to further training and learning opportunities.
- Highly competitive remuneration based on experience.
- A position within a multicultural team.