Vendor Tooling Engineer - AutomotiveLocation: Cologne
KCIG is a forward thinking, highly motivated company that actively works hand in hand with some of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers and suppliers. With offices in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are dedicated to providing the uppermost level of quality standards and service within a highly competitive industry. We support our clients in relevant areas in Product Development: in Project Management, Engineering, Business and Data Management.
Job SpecificsIn your role as Tooling Engineer with focus on plastic parts the main goal is to ensure efficient Vendor Tooling design and cost for injection molding and stamping tools. The aim is to improve vendor tooling in general and using as well as implementing effective vendor tooling design and efficient costs for all subsequent assembly processes to come.
- Develop tool strategies to meet the Vendor Tooling needs of the global vehicle lines
- Estimate cost of tooling and analyse cost break downs
- Assess Vendor Tooling Quotes considering the following aspects: cost, functionality, material spec, technology and timing
- Lead supplier negotiations to ensure value for money with regards to all relevant aspects
- Verify tooling timing
- Support vehicle programme need and propose part design changes for Design for Assembly if needed for alignment interact with relevant other departments including with Purchasing, Engineering, Cost Estimating, Finance, Program Management teams, etc.
The ideal CandidateAs an aspiring applicant, you will possess the following,
- University Degree in Engineering
- Profound practical experience and knowledge of the state of the art manufacturing and assembly technologies for injection molding and plastic parts
- Excellent knowledge of tool design and costs for injection molding
- High communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and international team
- Computer literate: MS Office, esp. in Excel and profound experience with CATIA V5
Excellent English language skills in both writing and speaking are a must, additional German skills would be advantagous
YOUR BENEFITSA position at KCiG offers much more than just a job!
- Highly competitive remuneration.
- Personally focused international career development opportunities.
- Direct experience working with some of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers and Industry leaders.
- Access to further training and learning opportunities.
- A position within a multicultural team of likeminded professionals.