Development Engineer - Wheels & Tires
KCIG is a forward thinking company that actively works hand in hand with some of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers and suppliers. With offices in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are dedicated to providing the uppermost level of quality standards and service within a highly competitive industry.
Job SpecificsAs Development Engineer for Wheels & Tires, you will design and develop components. You will design and develop vehicle system components within this Chassis area directly for an automotive manufacturer (OEM).
- Design and development of wheels and tires from initial concept to Start of Production (SOP)
- Liaise with internal departments and suppliers to optimise component designs to meet durability, weight, cost targets, etc.
- Responsible for controlling development plans, setting up test plans, tracking and signing-off testing
- Release of drawings and control of Design Verification Plans
The ideal CandidateAs an aspiring applicant, you will possess the following
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive Engineering or similar technical studies
- Practical experience in wheels and tires development gained with an OEM or Tier 1 automotive supplier
- Experience in working with CAD data and drawings
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with MS Office, especially with Excel
- Fluency in written and oral English
YOUR BENEFITSA position at KCIG offers much more than just a job!
- Direct experience working with some of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers and Industry leaders
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Personally focused international career development opportunities
- Access to further training and learning opportunities
- A position within a multicultural team of like-minded professionals